Pest Control Tips
At one time or another, we’ve all dealt with unwanted multi-legged critters in our homes, from ants and roaches to fleas and ticks. These unwanted visitors can be a nuisance. We at Dellinger Exterminating Company, Inc. compiled a list of preventive tips that may help reduce the amount of insects and rodents on your property.
• Fix leaky plumbing and replace leaky trays under house plants.
• Make sure food and food scraps are tightly sealed and garbage is regularly removed from the home.
• Don’t leave pet food and water out overnight.
• Caulk cracks and crevices around cabinets or baseboards to close off potential entryways and hiding places.
• Correct moisture problems.
• Make sure gutters and downspouts are unclogged.
• Water should be channeled from downspouts away from your foundation.
• Aim sprinklers away from your house.
• Slope soil away from your home.
• Holes or cracks larger than one-fourth of an inch should be stuffed with steel wool or wire mesh and then sealed with caulk or foam to prevent rodents from chewing through and entering your home.
• Install a good thick weather-stripping on the bottom of all doors to prevent rodents from entering.
General Pest Control
Pre-construction Soil Treatment